How to Trade
Trading hours: Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm (excluding public holidays).
Enquiries: Contact us on 086 011 6226 from 7am to 6pm (and please be prepared to answer some security questions).
Accredited agencies: a list of BEE accredited agencies can be found on the SANAS website. Please click here to view
Changing Your Password
To change your password, you need to be the shareholder or an authorised person.
Log onto our trading platform (click here) and go to ‘Accounts’. Then select ‘Change Password’.
If you don’t have internet access, please call us on 086 011 6226. A trading helpdesk agent will assist you (you’ll need to answer some security questions, so please be prepared for this).
You can buy shares directly through our online trading platform or via our call centre (our agents will take you through a step-by-step process).
What we’ll need from you:
- Information (the number of shares you’d like to buy; the price per share you’re willing to pay; how long you want your order to last
- Money (which needs to be deposited into the Phuthuma Nathi account)
- Confirmation (and acceptance of the cost of the shares, including taxes and administration fees)
After all this has been done, your order will be entered into the market for potential buyers and sellers to view.
The buyer’s order will be matched or successfully processed if:
- The price of the buyer is the same as that of the seller
- The price of the buyer is higher or equal to the lowest price of the sellers
For more information, please go to our FAQs page.
To sell your shares, you need to enter the following information:
- the number of shares you wish to sell;
- the price per share you are willing to sell the shares for
- how long you want your order to last (expiry date)
Then a screen will appear showing what the likely value of your transaction might be, less taxes and administration fees.
If you’re satisfied with the likely value and costs of your transaction, click the ‘Process Order’ button.
Your order will be entered into the market for potential buyers and sellers to view.
The sellers order will be matched or successfully processed if:
- The price of the seller is the same as that of the buyer
- The price of the seller is lower than the highest price of the buyers
- The seller must select one of the following payment options
- The money will be transferred to your banking account; or
- The money will be kept in your trading account; or
- Part of your money will be transferred to your banking account and the balance to remain in your trading account.